Queensland is the second largest state in area in Australia and is surrounded by rainforest, lush farmland, endless golden beaches and the Great Barrier Reef.
It’s easy to spend several weeks exploring the sites of Queensland, however a seven day excursion is enough to probe the vast highlights this glorious place has to offer.
Planning a trip to Brisbane for a few days is pretty affordable if you plan it out in advance. You can find Brisbane hotels for a good price online. If you are planning on taking more time off, go to Cairns and walk along the Cairns Esplanade. To learn about the Aboriginal culture and history head to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park.
- Take a two hour trip to see the Great Barrier Reef and enjoy snorkeling, diving, riding glass-bottomed boats or a scenic flight. Embrace the warm waters and observe coral formations and brilliant colors of the fish. Green Island is a great place to extend your stay.
- Travel through the rainforest areas cruising along the Daintree River, stroll along World Heritage-listed rainforest and swim in the breathtaking Mossman Gorge. Other attractions include the village of Kuranda, the Kuranda Koala Gardens, Birdworld and the Rainforestation Nature Park.
- Fly to Brisbane and take in the panoramic views of the city at MountCoot-Tha Lookout or stroll through the South Bank Parklands. Other places of interest include Queensland Art Gallery, and the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Head south to explore the rainforest at Lamington National Park along with the stunning beaches of the Gold Coast. Another popular spot is to head north on a two-day tour of World Heritage-listed Fraser Island.
- Noosa Beach is a spectacular stretch of sand. If youâre in the mood for adventure, go boating and fish for snapper, mackerel or marlin. Noosa National Park is home to Koalas and visitors will enjoy the spectacular coastal scenery. Try hiking along the many paths through open forest, swamps and rainforests.